Lunch: Rice Lentil Salad with Green Apple & Almond

This is a variation on a salad I make with Quinoa.


Combine:
Rice, 2 cups cooked brown rice
Lentils, 1 cup cooked lentils
Cucumber, 1 cup  1/4" dice
Granny Smith Apple: 1/4" dice
Red Onion, 1/4 c. dice

Sauce:
3 T plain yoghurt
1 T Olive Oil
2 T lime juice
1 t. hot sauce or cayenne powder ( to taste), optional
1/2 t.salt
1/2 t.sugar
1/4 c. chopped cilantro (or to taste)
Mix and combine with rice/lentil mixture

Serve sprinkled with 1/4 c. chopped roasted salted almonds per serving.

Tonight we have fresh fish again and I'm thinking of making a Creole Sauce (coconut milk, etc.) to poach the fish.  I'll post the recipe if it's good!

I've been painting everyday.  I tend to go with subject that is readily accessible like the sea, waves and rocks just below my verandah studio.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With Love from W.I. To WI

JoY in Joyland

Gettin' Kicked Around by Jenny