Tropic of Pasta

My paintings as well as my cooking suffer from a bit too much inspiration and possibilities. My pantry is well stocked now and I've been reading a travel book with recipes that takes place in the Caribbean including Grenada, The Spice Necklace. The following recipe is an amalgam of her Starburst Salad and a Yummly recipe I saw. 

The Tropic of Pasta

I avocado
2 T fresh lime juice
1 chopped tomato
1 c chopped cucumber
1 T banana ketsup
1 T pepper sauce (opt)
1/2 cup fresh coconut meat coarsely grated
1/2 c cilantro chopped
1/2 pound cooked and cooled pasta
1/2 cup or more dry roasted salt peanuts

Mash the avocado adding the lime juice, banana ketsup, pepper sauce and cilantro. Combine well with pasta. Add remaining ingredients and top with crushed peanuts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With Love from W.I. To WI

JoY in Joyland

Gettin' Kicked Around by Jenny