Art & Food

 This is my watercolor rendering of Noah, our youngest grandchild, Nick & Maggie's. Although I think it almost looks more like Ian, his older brother.
I've also been working on more books and paintings while here in Dominica. I have made a habit of doing an annual self portrait and a grandchild portrait while I'm away for the winter.

 I have an exhibit coming up at the 

LE Phillips Library in EAu Claire, WI 

April 17th to May 27 with the reception on April 20th at 7-8pm. 

I'll be featuring my work completed during our annual global forays.







Black Bean Pitas with Hot Creamy Sauce     


4 cups cooked black beans
2 T vegetable oil
1/2 diced red onion
2 large cloves garlic sliced thin
1 tsp toasted ground cumin seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 small green bell pepper diced
1 med. tomato diced

1/2 cup water

4 oz. cream cheese
1/4 c. milk
3 T or more of hot sauce (too taste)
1 c. diced cucumber
4 whole wheat pitas

Saute in oil the onion, garlic, green pepper, tomato, spices and beans until onion is transparent. Add water and simmer until water is absorbed. Salt if needed to taste.

Cream Sauce:
Combine cream cheese, hot sauce and milk until smooth


Warm pitas, tear in half. Fill to 2/3 full with bean mixture. Top with cucumber and 2 heaping spoons of the cream sauce.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With Love from W.I. To WI

JoY in Joyland

Gettin' Kicked Around by Jenny